Maintaining a lawn in North Texas can be tricky. We have a wide variety of weeds that love to take over the landscape, if they’re not treated effectively. At Lawn Connections we pride ourselves on offering a wide variety of treatment and programs types in order to keep your North Texas lawn free from weeds.
Why Organic Weed Control?
Many clients are curious to know the pros and cons of treating their weed problems organically versus many of the chemical options they see offered by other companies and on store shelves. If you want to use a method that you know is safe for you and your family, your pets, and the life of your lawn, then organic is the way to go.
Top 10 Organic Weed Control Methods
Lawn Connections knows that many North Texas families want their lawn to reflect the personal pride they have in their homes. As more and more people are looking to treat their lawns organically, we thought we would put together ten weed control methods that could work for you.
- Mow high – a taller lawn prevents sunlight from reaching weeds
- Use an organic weed feed – to supply nutrients to your soil that prevent weeds from growing
- Organic lawn food – grows a thicker healthier lawn
- Natural weed killers – these are safe for people and their pets to be around
- Look for weed killers that include citrus – a natural weed deterrent
- Make sure to use both preemerge and postemerge weed control methods
- Consider a weeding tool that takes out the visible plant and the roots
- Learn what types of weeds you have: crabgrass, and goosegrass are prevalent in the North Texas area, and treat accordingly
- Consistent mowing and lawn maintenance is on the milder months is crucial to create a weed barrier
- Use one of Lawn Connections organic weed control treatments
How Lawn Connections Can Help
If you have questions about what organic weed control method is right for your lawn, give Lawn Connections a call. We’re a trusted North Texas company that knows how pesky weeds can be and how important it is to treat them in a method that is safe for you and your family. Call us at (817) 769-6950 with whatever questions you may have. We’ll be happy to help.